
One of the Islamic State-inspired Bondi terrorists was allowed to successfully apply for a gun license just a year after his son was investigated by Australian Security Intelligence Organization (ASIO) for his links to a Sydney-based cell of the terror group.
NSW Police Commissioner Mal Lanyon confirmed on Tuesday that Sajid Akram, 50, who was shot dead by police, first applied for a firearms license in 2015 but did not provide a photo and the application lapsed.
His son, Naveed Akram, 24, was then examined by the spy agency in 2019 due to his ties to convicted IS terrorist Isaac El Matari, and Sajid applied for a new license in 2020 that was issued in 2023, allowing him to obtain the firearms used by the pair in the Bondi massacre.
🚨BREAKING: NSW Police Commissioner Mal Lanyon has issued a formal correction, saying Bondi attacker Sajid Akram applied for a firearms licence on 8 October 2015 but it lapsed in 2016 after no photo was taken. A second application in 2020 was later approved and issued in 2023. pic.twitter.com/VDay71QV4M
— Anthony Khallouf (@ausvstheagenda) December 16, 2025
“I would like to correct a record. I have been indicating that Sajid Akram, a 50-year-old male, has held a firearms license since 2015. Mr Akram applied for that license on 8 October 2015, and it was recommended that it be issued in November 2015,” Commissioner Lanyon said.
“I’m advised that he did not get a photo taken, as required by that license, and the application lapsed in 2016. A second Category AB license was applied for by Mr Akram in 2020. That license was recommended for issue, and issued in 2023.I think it’s important that the transparent nature of the investigation provides that change.
“The initial information had been that it had been issued in 2015, and I think it’s important to give that detail. He was licensed to hold a Category AB license, and the firearms that we have seized were attached to that license appropriately.”
Commissioner Lanyon also confirmed that two homemade Islamic State flags were found in Naveed’s vehicle, along with improvised explosive devices.
Neither man was on a terrorism watchlist, and a senior counter-terrorism official told ABC News that both underwent military-style training in the southern Philippines in November, returning a week before the massacre.
After refusing to say the words “Muslim” or “Islam” for two days and repeatedly deflecting to “right-wing extremism”, Prime Minister Anthony Albanese conceded on Tuesday that the attack was linked to Islamic State.
“What we know already is, as part of the investigation, is it goes to motive and what is being investigated as the Commissioner has said, is that it would appear that there is evidence that this was inspired by a terrorist organization, by ISIS,” he said.
“Some of the evidence which is being procured, including the presence of Islamic State flags in the vehicle that has been seized are part of that. A radical, a perversion of Islam is absolutely a problem. It is something that has been identified globally as a problem as well.”
Noticer News has previously reported on farmers having their guns confiscated by police for asking MPs about elite paedophile rings, and dozens of Australian nationalists are understood to have been given Firearms Prohibition Orders by NSW Police for taking part in anti-immigration and pro-Australian activism.
In Case You Missed It:
Boy stabbed to death in Russian school attack (GRAPHIC VIDEO)
For breaking news from one of the most over the target and censored names in the world join our 100% Free newsletter at Newsletter, The best way to get the information you want.
Also follow us at Gab
Follow us on Gab.com , Like, comment, and subscribe.
Telegram, Join our Telegram chat
Shop Patriot and Detox the Deep State by shopping with our sponsors.
RedPillLiving.com, Home of Sleepy Joe – the world’s most powerful all natural sleep formula.
The Serapeum.com, The Hidden History of Man & The Mystery Babylon Religion of The Deep State.





