Monday, May 18, 2026
Home News Beijing orders Chinese refineries to ignore ‘illegal’ US sanctions targeting Iran oil...

Beijing orders Chinese refineries to ignore ‘illegal’ US sanctions targeting Iran oil trade

0
47

Reported by: The Cradle

Beijing has ordered an injunction to block US sanctions targeting Chinese oil refineries accused of buying Iranian oil – effectively ordering its energy firms not to comply with Washington’s measures.

China’s Ministry of Commerce announced the move on 2 May.

It said it issued a “prohibition order” demanding that US sanctions “shall not be recognized, enforced, or complied with” in order to “safeguard national sovereignty, security, and development interests.”

“The Chinese government has consistently opposed unilateral sanctions that lack UN authorization and basis in international law,” the Commerce Ministry went on to say.

According to the ministry, the order blocks US sanctions on five facilities, commonly referred to as ‘teapot refineries’: Hengli Petrochemical (Dalian) Refinery, Shandong Jincheng Petrochemical Group, Hebei Xinhai Chemical Group, Shouguang Luqing Petrochemical, and Shandong ⁠Shengxing Chemical.

Washington imposed sanctions on these refineries last month, accusing them of purchasing Iranian energy.

The US Treasury Department called the Hengli Refinery “one of Tehran’s most valued customers” at the time.

China’s announcement over the weekend comes ahead of a meeting later this month between US President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Ja Ian Chong, a professor of political science at the National University of Singapore, told Bloomberg that the move is a Chinese bid to obtain “as many levers as possible.”

“This should be seen in the context of increasing controls. It is not a one-off,” he added.

The move also coincides with an escalation of Washington’s blockade of Iranian ports, as well as threats to resume the war against the Islamic Republic by both the US and Israel.

Beijing has been vocal in its opposition to the US-Israeli war that was launched against Iran on 28 February this year.

Reports have said China has secretly provided Iran with military support.

CNN reported last month that China would soon deliver shoulder-fired anti-air missile systems (MANPADs) to Iran – although Beijing denied the report.

Four days before the war erupted, Reuters said Iran was in talks with Beijing to acquire a Chinese anti-ship cruise missile designed to evade naval defenses.

 

In Case You Missed It:

‘You will be attacked’: Iran warns Trump over plan to escort ships through Hormuz

Tehran denies US claim about sinking Iranian boats



For breaking news from one of the most over the target and censored names in the world join our 100% Free newsletter at Newsletter, The best way to get the information you want.

Also follow us at Gab

Follow us on Gab.com , Like, comment, and subscribe.

Telegram, Join our Telegram chat

Shop Patriot and Detox the Deep State by shopping with our sponsors.

RedPillLiving.com, Home of Sleepy Joe – the world’s most powerful all natural sleep formula.

The Serapeum.com, The Hidden History of Man & The Mystery Babylon Religion of The Deep State.