Chinagate: The Beginnings of Pay to Play in The Clinton Whitehouse
September 22, 2018 By: S.Travag
The “Chinagate” fundraising scandal that plagued the 1996 Bill Clinton-Al Gore campaign. Starring Hillary Clinton in the background wheeling and dealing. In 1996 Chinagate aka Commercegate should have been the most serious scandal in U.S. history. Chinagate was the fundraising (Pay to Play) scandal that involved the transfer of America’s most sensitive technology, including but not limited to nuclear missile and satellite technology, in exchange for millions of dollars in contributions to the 1996 Clinton-Gore re-election effort and the Democratic National Committee.
The scandal was a diabolical plot by the Clinton administration to sell seats on taxpayer-funded trade missions in exchange for campaign contributions to the 1996 Clinton-Gore campaign. The beginnings of Pay for Play in The Clinton White House.
Judicial Watch began an investigation and Clinton administration officials deliberately concealed and destroyed records regarding the trade mission and testimony was falsified. Imagine that, some things never change. Below are some of the key victories for Judicial Watch in 2001. http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive/2001/966.shtml
Key “Chinagate” Victories in 2001
- Judicial Watch and Judicial Watch alone uncovered the entire Chinagate scandal in 1995, starting with a Freedom of information Act request to the Commerce Department. Chinagate is the most serious scandal in U.S. history. It involves the transfer of America’s most sensitive technology, including but not limited to nuclear missile and satellite technology, apparently in exchange for millions of dollars in contributions to the 1996 Clinton-Gore re-election effort and the Democratic National
- Judicial Watch obtained a court judgment against the corrupt Clinton-Gore Commerce Department in the Chinagate scandal, which found that evidence had been destroyed and testimony
- The Honorable Royce C. Lamberth, U.S. District Court Judge for the District of Columbia, ruled that the Commerce Department still has not complied adequately with Judicial Watch’s lawful subpoenas and has appointed a magistrate judge to oversee Commerce’s production of documents, including phone records, e-mails, memos, and other evidence concerning key defendants and witnesses. As a result, the Chinagate case is now likely to turn criminal on obstruction of justice
- Judicial Watch’s Chinagate lawsuits stopped the further sale of trade mission seats to Democrat “fat cat” contributors – a key source of funding for the Democratic National
- To date, Judicial Watch has conducted five depositions of John Huang. Judicial Watch and Judicial Watch alone discovered John Huang working at the Commerce Department. Huang was Communist China’s link to the Clinton- Gore White House. He has been held in contempt over 140 times for refusing to answer questions and he will likely face jail time for
- In court testimony secured by Judicial Watch, Nolanda Hill, the business partner and confidante of the late Commerce Secretary Ron Brown, swore that Hillary Clinton conceived of the fundraising scheme involving the sale of seats on official trade missions, with the knowledge and participation of Bill Clinton, and former Vice President Al
- Judge Royce C. Lamberth, in three separate court orders, ruled that Judicial Watch can undertake significant new discovery in the withholding of documents concerning Clinton-Gore Commerce Department trade
- Judicial Watch recently secured sworn testimony pointing to White House Deputy Counsel Cheryl Mills withholding documents from Judicial
- The Clinton-Gore Administration offered to pay for all Judicial Watch’s legal costs (totaling about $2,000,000) if Judicial Watch agreed to drop its first Chinagate investigation and lawsuit. Judicial Watch refused the “bribery” attempt and instead dramatically “ramped up” its Chinagate investigations and lawsuits.
- Judicial Watch commenced, through a judicial ethics complaint, the largest investigation of judicial corruption in the nation’s capital, when it was discovered that the Democrat Chief Judge, Norma Holloway Johnson, was bypassing the random case assignment process and assigning Chinagate cases under the table to Clinton judicial appointees and that these appointees were holding secret meetings. As a result of Judicial Watch’s complaint, the Chief Judge must randomly assign all cases. Also, in the wake of the scandal, many believe Judge Johnson was forced into early retirement as Chief Judge. Judicial Watch continues to pursue judicial proceedings into the
- Judicial Watch has thus far successfully prevented the Federal Bureau of Investigation from silencing Notra Trulock, its client, from revealing the breach of national security at the Los Alamos Nuclear laboratories. Were it not for Trulock, the massive breach of national security by suspected Chinese agent Wen Ho Lee, and others would never have been known and acted upon. Trulock, through Judicial Watch, has sued Wen Ho Lee and his accomplices, as well as FBI Director Louis Freeh. The Wen Ho Lee trial is scheduled for this
- Through Freedom of Information Act lawsuits, Judicial Watch exposed the Clinton-Gore Administration coverup of the dangers of Communist Chinese control of the two major ports of the Panama Canal. Specifically, Judicial Watch uncovered National Security Agency and CIA documents assessing and admitting this risk, while the Clinton-Gore and Bush-Cheney Administrations continue to deny
- Judicial Watch deposed and represents Johnny Chung, the only Chinagate figure who has testified truthfully. He implicated Bill and Hillary Clinton and Al Gore in Chinagate crimes. Mr. Chung, through Judicial Watch, has sued the Justice Department for its
Noland Hill also testified that Brown, who died in a plane crash during a trade mission to Bosnia, told her that Hillary conjured up the scheme to sell trade mission seats. Brown complained of being “Hillary’s blankety-blank tour guide.”
The case was so serious and so damaging that the Commerce Department asked for a judgment against itself to avoid any further revelations. The court refused and insisted the Commerce Department conduct a new search for trade mission records and authorized discovery into the illegal concealment and destruction of government records.
Congressional investigations, FEC investigations, a criminal inquiry by the Justice Department and the FBI followed. The Department of Commerce changed its trade mission policy which abandoned all political contributions affecting mission seats. https://www.commerce.gov/
Clinton friend Yah Lin “Charlie” Trie pleaded guilty to charges of violating campaign finance rules in exchange for having pending indictments dropped against him. According to news reports in 1997, Democratic donor Johnny Chung received a $150,000 transfer from the Bank of China three days before he handed then-First Lady Hillary Clinton’s chief of staff a $50,000 check.
- Johnny Chung first met the Clintons in 1992. From 1994 to 1996, Chung visited the White House 49 times. Half of the visits were authorized by no other than the office of the First Lady, Hillary Clinton. In one visit, Hillary met with Chung and his visiting delegation of Chinese businessmen from state-run companies. http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1997/02/24/time/johnny.html
- Liu Chaoying was the daughter of General Liu Huaqing (1916-2011) who arranged to give businessman and ally of the Clintons, Johnny Chung, $300,000 which was then donated to the DNC. The DNC was later forced to return the money. https://washingtonpost.com/wp- srv/politics/special/campfin/stories/liu052498.htm
- President Clinton admitted in 1997 that he invited major campaign donors to spend the night in the White House. The Clintons hosted 404 overnight guests. http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1997/02/25/clinton.money/
- During the investigation by the Department of Justice, about 120 people connected to “Chinagate” either fled the country or pleaded the Fifth Amendment to prevent testifying. https://cnsnews.com/news/article/thompson- terrible-chinagate-probe-critics-say
- Unfortunately, Bill and Hillary Clinton were unscathed, and the abuses have just continued to pile
Finally, in 2006, unknown to the many, an appellate court upheld an award of $900,000 to Judicial Watch.
Judicial Watch brought the case on behalf of shareholders of Loral Space & Communications Ltd. Loral Space & Communications Ltd. transferred sensitive US missile technology to China in the 1990s. The CEO Bernard Schwartz gave $1.5 million to various Democratic Party campaigns including Bill Clinton’s 1996 reelection campaign.
Schwartz and Loral also convinced the Clinton Administration to transfer technology export licensing authority from the State Department to the more politically- influenced Commerce Department. Schwartz and Loral then obtained licenses from the Commerce Department that were needed to launch Loral-manufactured communications satellites into orbit from China. https://www.nytimes.com/1999/05/11/world/clinton-approves-technology-transfer-to- china.html
Bill and Hillary Clinton ended up advancing China’s missile program which is a threat to US national security just like the Clinton-Russian uranium deal is… The Clinton – Russian uranium deal was being negotiated much earlier than most people realize, and Bill Clinton was very much responsible for setting up the deal. http://www.independentsentinel.com/russia-controls-up-to-half-of-americas-uranium- thanks-to-bill-clinton-who-lied-about-it/
Many great articles and documents can be researched on https://www.judicialwatch.org/